10 Easy Workouts you can do in the office
Working in an office environment or working from home has made us all spend more than 8 hours each day sitting in front of the screen. While spending prolong hours seating on a chair without much movement is highly detrimental to health. And if you are someone who doesn’t have a hint of physical activity such as exercise in their routine then you are at a greater risk of inviting all the negative health impacts of sitting all day.
Risks of Physical Inactivity
Lack of physical activity not only makes you lazy but is deadly. Even though it is hard to find time for exercise with so much going on in your life, the truth is incorporating exercise into your daily routine shouldn't be so hard.
And since you spend most of your day at work, how about using that time to work out? Sorry, but exercise at work? Well yeah, that's possible. A regular office workout is possible with tons of exercise station ideas and easy-to-follow office workout exercises. And if you go one step ahead with workout station ideas, you can even develop a fitness station at work. This doesn't mean you will soon be fired for not paying attention to work; rather, you will be multitasking and find yourself more active than before. And, oh the benefits of exercise at the workplace results in better productivity and improved energy levels too=
Here are 10 easy workouts you can do in the office:
- Squats: Stand up from your ergonomic chair and squat down until your thighs are parallel to the floor, then stand up and repeat. Do this for 10-15 reps.
- Wall push-ups: Stand facing a wall with your arms straight out in front of you and your hands flat against the wall. Bend your elbows and lean forward until your nose almost touches the wall, then push yourself back to the starting position. Do this for 10-15 reps.
- Desk dips: Sit on the edge of your deskwith your hands on the edge, then slide your bottom off the desk and lower yourself down until your arms are bent at a 90-degree angle. Push yourself back up to the starting position and repeat for 10-15 reps.
- Chair squats: Stand up from your chair and lower yourself down until your bottom is just hovering over the seat, then stand back up and repeat. Do this for 10-15 reps.
- Leg raises: Sit in your chair with your back straight and your feet flat on the floor. Lift one foot off the floor and straighten your leg out in front of you, hold for a few seconds, then lower it back down. Repeat with the other leg and continue alternating for 10-15 reps.
- Calf raises: Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and lift yourself up onto your toes, then lower back down. Do this for 10-15 reps.
- Shoulder shrugs: Sit or stand with your back straight and your arms at your sides. Lift your shoulders up towards your ears, hold for a few seconds, then lower back down. Do this for 10-15 reps.
- Seated twists: Sit in your chair with your feet flat on the floor and your hands on your hips. Twist your torso to the right as far as you can, hold for a few seconds, then twist to the left. Repeat for 10-15 reps.
- Walking lunges: Take a few steps away from your desk and lunge forward with your right leg, then bring your left leg forward and lunge again. Continue walking in this manner for 10-15 reps.
- Staircase runs: If you have a staircase in your office building, run up and down the stairs for a few minutes to get your heart rate up and burn some calories.
Flujo is a Singapore Ergonomic Eco-System company that specializes in ergonomic furniture and solutions We are determined to be a trusted brand to our customers. Designing with driving factors of innovation and customer-centric as core beliefs of our products, we are committed to understanding your needs. We strive to be the No 1 Ergonomic Chair and Height Adjustable Brand in Singapore.
Click Ergonomic Chairs/Desks to view our selection of products
If you like our article, please help to like and forward.